Google Redirect Virus Removal 2011
There are several viruses being created every day or actively infecting computers.
Hackers and scammers spend their time finding malicious and ill-gotten methods to reach your computer and the information you have on it.
They use this information for promotional purposes of a product or, even worse, to get information that is vital to your life and well-being.
It can impact your credit cards and bank accounts, or even allow for stealing of your identity. For this reason, informing yourself of what is out there and damaging to your computer and others is important.
One virus that exists is known as the Google Redirect Virus. This virus impacts many computers and can be very dangerous.
The following information should be used to understand how this virus works, what it does, and how you can participate effectively in Google Redirect Virus Removal 2011. Use this knowledge as a powerful tool in your battle against infected computers now and in the future.
What Is The Google Redirect Virus
The Google Redirect Virus is a virus that attaches itself to your computer via the internet. Specifically, as the name suggests, it hijacks your browser through the Google website, as well as other search engine resources. It then works to redirect your browser to other sites, often pornographic advertisements and banner advertisements. This occurs when you click on a redirect link that is supposed to take you to a specific site.
If the virus is on your computer, however, the site will not be the one you go to. Instead the sites that it redirects you to or that it continually drive you towards often require purchase of a product or credit card information for usage. This can be very dangerous; however, it can also be very frustrating and annoying. For this reason, you need to prepare yourself and know how to get efficient information regarding Google Redirect Virus Removal 2011. That way, you can get it off of your computer.
How To Remove
A few different methods exist to help you get rid of the GRV 2011. If you find that one did not do the job, move on and try another.
1. TDSSKiller is a program from Kasperky that scans deep into your computer to get rid of complicated malicious programs.
2. Download the TDSSKiller.zip archive and extract it into a folder on the infected (or possibly infected) computer with an archiver (WinZip, for example);
3. Run the TDSSKiller.exe file;
4. Wait until the scanning and disinfection completes. A reboot might require after the disinfection has been completed.
TDSSKiller is a tool from Symantec that you can get from HERE. To use FixTdss follow the instructions below.
1. Download the FixTDSS.exe file.
2. Exit any programs that are running.
3. If you use XP you must turn off System Restore.
4. Double-click the FixTDSS.exe file to start the removal tool.
7. Once the computer starts again it will show you a message about the health of your computer.
8. If you are running Windows XP, re-enable System Restore.
9. Run LiveUpdate to make ensure that you are have the most recent virus definitions.
10. When the tool has finished running you will see a message indicating whether the threat has infected the computer.
3. Microsoft Safety Scanner
1. Download the tool from HERE.
2. Double click on msert.exe to run the scanner.
3. Allow the program to clean any infections and reboot.
4. If you run into any problems with Windows starting try doing a system restore either through the recovery console or safemode.
Help Is Available
There is help available and you need to know that. This annoying virus can be removed if you know the facts surrounding it and the methods to remove it. Research which Google Redirect virus removal 2011 software or individual method you will use and get it off of your computer today so you will no longer have to worry. A few good sources of information can be found HERE and HERE.